ESG - commercial lending
Member price: £291 + VAT
Non-member price: £342 + VAT
Online Live, 16 May 2023
Online Live, 3 August 2023
Online Live, 3 November 2023
Regulators, investors and customers are increasingly looking at how banks are addressing issues such as climate change and governance, including how their loans books take into account ESG considerations. Sustainable finance looks to reward borrowers who perform well on ESG factors, given that this likely signals a strong resilient business, able to service debt finance.
The course looks at key ESG issues, considering how these issues impact perceived risks at industry and firm level. Approaches to initially screen investments are analysed and the ways to incorporate ESG factors into a formal credit analysis processed are covered. The latest development in ESG reporting and the role of credit rating agencies in producing data useful for commercial banks are considered. The course, through using case study examples, discusses the different types of sustainable lending facilities, for example Green loans and Sustainability linked loans.
Who should attend
This course looks at best practise in incorporating ESG into lending considerations and hence will be beneficial for Credit analysts and credit risk professionals. Relationship managers and related support teams will also benefit in supporting appraisal and execution of sustainability related loans.
What you will learn
On completion of the course you will be better able to:
- Explore the role of banks in relation to ESG and the importance in transitioning to a Net Zero carbon position
- Explain approaches to incorporate ESG into the fundamental credit analysis process using models like the UN SDG
- Understand the latest company reporting requirements in relation to ESG and the use of credit rating organisations in supplying ESG data
- Explain the role of bank loan managers in actively engaging firms in their progress on ESG related issues
- Understand different types of ESG lending including Green loans and sustainability linked loans
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com