Environmental, social and governance (ESG) - an awareness
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Online Live, 8 February 2024
Online Live, 18 July 2024
Online Live, 7 November 2024
ESG at its core is a way to evaluate the way in which a company is performing in relation to factors that are seen as valuable to society but also key to the long-term viability of that organisation. This programme looks at the main elements of ESG, that a wide range of accountants, Financial Services professionals and the wider business community should be aware of.
Who should attend
This course gives a strong introductory understanding of key ESG issues that all employees working within Financial Services firms and business professionals generally should understand.
The course will also be useful for anyone looking to understand the way a business’s ESG strategy and data the firm produces is used by Investment management firms and commercial banks to make financing decisions.
What you will learn
On completion of the course you will be better able to:
- Define ESG and understand the key drivers for the increasing importance of ESG in the business environment
- Understand the main ESG issues impacting businesses, including climate change, and the resulting risks, opportunities, and mitigations.
- Understand how businesses can look to build ESG into their strategy
- Understand key considerations for reporting on ESG data, the latest company reporting requirements in relation to ESG and the use of credit rating organisations in supplying ESG data.
- Understand the methods Investment management firms and commercial banks use to integrate ESG data into portfolio construction and commercial lending decisions
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org