Pensions experts on the spot
Watch the Q&A session from our inaugural Challenging Conversations debate on pensions.
Leading experts from the pensions industry covered a lot of ground at the inaugural Challenging Conversations debate in June. From the 'mid-life' MOT to the rise in auto-enrolment contributions and portability of pension pots to the social care crisis.
Watch the full video in under 20 minutes or fast-forward to the topic you want to watch using the time indicators below.
- Is the state pension age likely to be increased further? (0:00-2m22s)
- What age should you have your 'mid-life' MOT? (2:40-3:50)
- Can blue-collar workers be expected to work until they are 70 years old? (4:18-4:50)
- Should the government revisit plans to reform pensions tax relief? (4:55-7:18)
- Should tax relief be abolished in order to raise the state pension to an acceptable level? (7:19-8:33)
- Are annuities dead money? (10:11-11:10)
- Could dashboard technology enable savers to consolidate multiple pension pots with one provider? (11:09-12:36)
- Will opt-outs increase as auto-enrolment contributions increase? (12:36-13:34)
- Could the government increase auto-enrolment contributions beyond the 8% rate coming into force in 2019? (15:25-17:02)
Watch the Q&A:
The event, took place in Edinburgh on 12 June and included:
- Maggie Craig, Head of the Financial Conduct Authority’s Scotland office
- Jamie Jenkins, Head of Pensions Strategy, Standard Life
- Clare Reilly, Head of Corporate Development, PensionBee
- Henry Tapper, Founder of the Pension PlayPen
- Rob Yuille, Head of Retirement Policy at the Association of British Insurers.