ICAS Oversight Board
The Oversight Board is the body appointed by Council to be responsible for monitoring, overseeing and offering guidance on the development and implementation of ICAS’ strategy, business plan and budget.
Role & responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Oversight Board are set out in ICAS’ General Regulations
- Overseeing the work of the Chief Executive and the Executive Directors
(“the Executive Team”) in relation to the implementation of ICAS’ strategy, business plan and budget and in such other areas as the Oversight Board deems appropriate.
- Monitoring and offering guidance on ICAS’ financial performance against Budget and prior periods.
- Coordinating the work of the Operational Boards namely, Qualifications Board, Members Board, Policy Leadership Board and Regulation Board
where appropriate or necessary, ensuring priorities are aligned with the strategy and business plan.
- Identifying such other aspects of the business of ICAS as the Oversight Board, in consultation with Council, the Chief Executive and the Office Bearers, may deem to be appropriate to the remit of the Oversight Board and monitoring, overseeing or offering guidance on the same.
- Reporting to Council on the Oversight Board’s discussions and conclusions on the matters considered by it.
Delegation of powers
The Oversight Board has no decision-making powers in relation to the matters reserved to Council, but advises on matters that have been referred to it by Council, the Operational Boards or the Executive Team.