9 June - Strategic change – a sustainable future – hosted by the ICAS Grampian Area Network
In this session, hosted by the ICAS Grampian Area Network and Robert Gordon University, we were joined by Robin Watson CBE – CEO of Wood plc. Robin discussed transforming an oil-and-gas-dominated company into a diversified organisation and how through strategic change all businesses can work to address the energy-transition agenda.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 9 June 2021)
Key themes and topics
- Sustainability in business
- Post-carbon energy transition
- Business diversification
Who are the speakers?
- Robin Watson CBE – CEO of Wood plc
Robin is Chief Executive of Wood plc, a UK listed company with over 45,000 employees in 60 countries. He previously served as CEO and an Executive member of the Wood Group Board and was Chief Executive of Wood Group’s Engineering North Sea business since 2010. Over the past five years, Robin has led the transformation of Wood from an Oil Field Services Company focused on the upstream oil and gas market, to an integrated Engineering and Consultancy company across a wide range of growing end markets in Energy and the Built Environment. Robin’s strategic vision has significantly diversified the business whilst achieving growth in earnings and unlocking new markets aligned to energy transition and the drive for more resilient, sustainable infrastructure.
Robin has received a variety of prestigious business awards for leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurism. He was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2020, in recognition of his services to international trade.
- Chair: Elizabeth Gammie CA
Elizabeth is a Professor of Accounting at the Robert Gordon University where she is Head of the Aberdeen Business School. She is also the Chair of the ICAS Grampian Area Network.
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- All ICAS Members and Students
- CAs in the energy and renewables industries
- CAs in Business
- Business owners and managers
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.
Related content - develop your knowledge
- Is net zero an accounting concept?
- The race is on to put climate change centre stage
- Advancing the 2030 Agenda and UN SDGs: Can accounting professionals contribute?
- ICAS Insights: Climate change - from reducing emissions to going net zero (webinar) - watch on demand
- Learn more about the ICAS Area Networks and connect with Elizabeth.