8 June - ICAS Insights: Climate change - from reducing emissions to going net zero
In 2015 global leaders came together and committed to limit global warming to well below 2°C. Six years on from this defining moment, with the new Biden administration, the UK’s climate leadership and COP 26 in Glasgow there’s renewed momentum to meet this world-critical target.
The ICAS Sustainability Panel explored some of the key questions of the climate debate:
- What does Net Zero mean and why does this matter to you?
- How to take action and measure progress?
The panel brought the perspectives of companies, investors and climate experts to discuss this existential journey and the challenges and opportunities it represents.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 8 June 2021)
Key themes and topics
- What does Net Zero mean?
- Climate challenges and opportunities
- How you and your organisation can take climate action
- How to measure climate progress
Who are the speakers?
- Victoria Skilbeck, ESG Consultant, MSCI
- Anja Ludzuweit, Climate Specialist, MSCI
- Lloyd McAllister, Responsible Investment Analyst, Newton Investment Management
- Nick Fitzpatrick, Head of Commercial Finance, SSE Renewables.
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- All ICAS Members and Students
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.