8 March - ICAS Insights: International Women’s Day
We celebrated International Women’s Day 2021 with a panel of CA speakers from the education, fashion and sport sectors. They shared their career journeys, including the challenges they faced along the way.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 8 March 2021)
Key themes and topics
- International Women’s Day 2021 with the theme of #ChooseToChallenge aims to raise awareness of gender bias and encourage individuals to take action for equality.
- Sharing career stories and the journeys of three successful female CAs from different sectors.
- Challenging gender stereotypes/gender bias/gender inequality. Overcoming challenges and supporting others to do the same.
Who are the speakers?
- Chair: Michelle Mullen, ICAS Executive Director of Standards
- Rimla Akhtar CA, RimJhim Consulting
- Elizabeth Gammie CA, Head of Aberdeen Business School at Robert Gordon University
- Laura Strain CA, Chief Operating Office at the British Fashion Council
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- All Members and Students.
- Of particular interest to female CAs and perhaps those in their early career.
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.
Related content - develop your knowledge
- Female CAs speak out on International Women’s Day (icas.com feature)
- One Young CA Insights: Rimla Akhtar MBE CA (icas.com profile)
- The Future is Now - The CA magazine catches up with past One Young CA winners including Rimla Akhtar MBE CA