26 August: Ask ICAS: Basis period reform - where are we heading?
Tax is moving to real-time but what does this mean for businesses and advisers? Join the ICAS Tax and Practice teams to hear more about HMRC’s proposals for basis period reform and to hear the Member views that are helping to shape ICAS’ response to the consultation.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 26 August 2021)
Key themes and topics
- HMRC’s proposals for basis period reform, quarterly reporting and more frequent tax payment.
- We want your views on the proposals, to help inform ICAS’ response.
- Quarterly reporting is on the way for Income Tax and Corporation Tax.
- How does this fit with MTD for VAT, basis period reform and the timing of tax payments?
- Is MTD for Income Tax and Corporation Tax just a bolt-on to MTD for VAT?
- What is real-time tax and what are the emerging practical issues?
Who are the speakers?
- Host: Charlotte Barbour CA CTA, Director of Taxation, ICAS
- Philip McNeil FCA CTA, Head of Taxation (Practice and Owner Managed Businesses), ICAS
- Susan Cattell CTA, Head of Tax Technical Policy, ICAS.
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- CAs working in tax
- CAs working in practice
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.