Introducing our new streamlined student registration process
Registration for ICAS students opens 5 June using our new streamlined process.
From 5 June, our new-student registration process will be simpler and more efficient for you and your students.
A new automated portal and process
The changes include a new portal that uses a simple bulk upload feature to register your students and makes it easy to manage and monitor their registrations.
The process behind the portal is fully automated, with no extra work for you. Once you’ve uploaded their details, your students will receive an email asking them to confirm and complete their registration.
An improved student experience
This new process will also be better for your students. Within 24 hours of completing their registration, they’ll have access to our new Advantage platform, so they can immediately begin their Fundamentals onboarding course and get ready to start training (see more on these below).
How it works
Below is a summary of how the registration process works for you and your students, and there’s a step-by-step guide to using the portal on its new page at icas.com.
The new registration process for you and your students:
- You go to the portal and download a template registration form.
- You add details of your students to the form.
- You upload the form to the portal.
- Your students automatically receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to confirm their details and complete their registration. (If not received, please ask students to check their junk folder.)
- Your students complete their registration.
- Within 24 hours your students will receive an email asking them to set up their ICAS email address and use it to log in to Advantage and get started.
Required role for student registration
To access the portal and register students with ICAS you must have been assigned an 'authorised student approver' role. To prepare for registration opening, last month we emailed you a list of all our contacts in your organisation and their assigned roles. If you haven’t already done so, please review the list and let us know of any necessary role changes by emailing email@example.com.
Register your students here
Follow the link below to access the portal and start registering your new students:
The replacement to our myCABLE virtual learning environment, Advantage is the new home for everything your students will need throughout their training, from courses to communications.
New students registered with ICAS from 5 June 2023 will be given immediate access to Advantage.
Current students registered with ICAS before 5 June 2023 will be switched over to Advantage on 10 July.
Find out more about Advantage and Fundamentals and what they mean for your students.