Student registration portal
Registering students to train with ICAS is quick and easy using our automated registration portal.
Use the button below to log into the portal and register your students. (Please remember to ask your students to check their spam folder if the registration emails, detailed below, aren't automatically received.)
If it’s your first time using the portal, please read our step-by-step guide below.
Required role for student registration
To access the portal and register students with ICAS you must have been assigned an ‘authorised student approver’ role. If you haven’t been assigned the necessary role, please get in touch at email@example.com.
You'll also need your office reference numbers
Please note that you'll be asked to enter the office numbers for the locations at which the students you're registering will be based. If you don't have these, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to use the portal
If you’re new to using the portal, here’s our simple step-by-step guide to get you started.
- Download the template Excel spreadsheet (button in the top-right of the portal).
- Save a version of the Excel spreadsheet containing the details of your students to be registered and matching the columns on the template. (Please note the mandatory fields and those that require you to select an option from a drop-down menu.)
- Upload your file to the portal (button in the top-right of the portal).
- Your list of students will appear in the portal showing a status of ‘pending’.
- The status of your students will change as they move through and complete the registration process (see below).
What happens next?
- Your students will automatically receive an email from ICAS with a link to a short form where they’ll be asked to complete their registration by confirming or updating the details you provided.
- When your students have completed their registration, their status on the portal will change to ‘registered’. If a student has started but not completed their registration, their status will show as ’started’.
- Your students will automatically receive a confirmation email from ICAS asking them to:
- Set up their new ICAS email address.
- Use their ICAS email to log in to Advantage, the online home for everything that’s vital to their CA training.
- Once logged into Advantage, they can start the Fundamentals onboarding course. The bite-sized modules explain everything, from applying for exemptions and reasonable adjustments, to the CA syllabus, courses and assessments, and ensure they’re prepared to start training.
Please ensure your students know to check their spam folder if these emails aren't automatically received.
Looking for the ATO Portal?
Training principals and counselling members seeking information on previously registered ICAS students can securely access the data they need, whenever they need it, through the ATO Portal.