VAT refresher and update course
Member price in Scotland and Online Live: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland and Online Live: £320 + VAT
Member price in England: £566 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £666 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England.
London, 25 April 2023
London, 26 September 2023
Online Live, 20 June 2023
Online Live, 28 November 2023
Glasgow, 19 October 2023
This one-day course provides a reminder of the fundamentals of UK value added tax, an update on recent developments and examples of typical problem areas and planning opportunities.
Many examples are used to show how the tax works and planning points are highlighted.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit to accountants and others who need an up-to-date knowledge of the main principles and rules of value added tax, but who do not require specialist knowledge. It will be particularly useful for those who have not dealt with value added tax for a few years but are moving back into the area and need a refresher.
What you will learn
- Basic principles and vocabulary
- Scope and supplies at different rates
- VAT registration issues
- Input tax – problem areas, including partial exemption and employee expenses
- Construction and property matters
- Small business VAT schemes
- Moving goods and services across international boundaries after Brexit
- Making Tax Digital issues to consider
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org