International VAT and customs duties after Brexit– an update
Member price: £335 + VAT
Non-member price: £395 + VAT
Online Live, 20 March 2024
Online Live, 5 September 2024
Online Live, 3 December 2024
This course covers the rules on moving goods and services across international boundaries after Brexit, now that the UK is an independent trading nation. Trading over the internet under the new EU e-commerce directive will also be covered.
Gain an understanding of Customs Duties and how they interact with VAT and how much more important this interaction has become since Brexit.
Who should attend
This one-day course will be of benefit to accountants and other professionals who have to deal with, or advise on, VAT aspects of cross-border transactions.
Since the UK has left the EU, they will also need to recognise that Customs Duties are much more important, so they will also benefit from an update on Customs Duties and how they interact with VAT.
What you will learn
- Basic vocabulary check of Customs Duties and VAT terms used in the course
- Overview of Brexit and how that affects UK and EU traders
- Broad implications for UK sellers into the EU and vice versa
- Origin of goods issues – a vital part of the post-Brexit world for Customs Duties
- Online B2C sales to EU consumers –including the new OSS and IOSS
- Other VAT and Customs Duties issues, including cross-border services and practical aspects of the Northern Ireland Protocol.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com