Technical update for busy accountants
Member price: £408 + VAT
Non-member price: £480 + VAT
London, 22 November 2023
A one-day update on key areas and issues, this course will provide a quick and convenient briefing on developments in financial reporting, tax, and management accounting plus other relevant topics.
What you will learn
Topics will include, as relevant:
- Financial Reporting - Any updates or topical application of financial reporting standards
- Tax - Gain an overview of recent taxation developments
- Management accounting – Any updates or topical application with latest relevant management accounting topics
- Other appropriate updates such as Digital skills or management skills as relevant
Who should attend
This course would be of benefit to accountants and financial managers looking to refresh and update their skills and knowledge by discussing the most relevant accounting topics of the day.
9.30am: Digital Accounting Update – Focussing on the Digital World
- Generative AI (for example ChatGPT) and what might it mean for accountants?
- Developments in data analysis tools
- Implications of remote working
- Responding to technology developments – skill sets and qualities required
11am: Tea/Coffee break
11.15am: Management Update – Sustainability, Staff, Succession
- Sustainability - Risks & Rewards
- Innovation & cultural change
- Making change stick!
- Managing staff through the changes
- Succession planning – can you afford not to?
1.45pm: Financial Reporting Update
- Recent IASB pronouncements
- Amendments becoming effective currently
- FRS 102
- Proposals to update FRS 102 contained in FRED 82 (including leases, revenue, and small entities)
- Sustainability reporting
- Latest developments in ISSB Standards
- The development of mandatory reporting against the TCFD framework
3.15pm: Tea/Coffee break
3.30pm: Tax Update
- The new corporation tax landscape from 01 April 2023, including more “associated companies” rules
- Full expensing for capital items for companies and a review of other capital allowances in 2023
- Changes to the Research and Development rules for companies from 01 April 2023 – good news for large companies; less good news for Owner Managed Businesses
- Tax & Contractors – where are we now?
- Employee issues, including benefits in kind and hybrid working
- New VAT penalties in 2023 for late submission and late payment
- Trading across international boundaries issues for goods and services.
5pm: Close of day
Note: A similar course is available for those delegates based in Scotland.
Technical update for accountants in business