Directors' duties and liabilities: what you need to know
Member price: £247 + VAT
Non-member price: £291 + VAT
London, 1 March 2022
London, 11 October 2022
Online Live, 14 June 2022
This course takes a commercial and practical approach to the significant number of changes made to directors' duties and liabilities with particular detailed reference to the Companies Act 2006. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide confident advice and assistance on the impact of these changes in relation to the conduct of directors and compliance by directors with their statutory and common law responsibilities.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit if you yourself are a director or if you are involved in advising directors and companies.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you’ll know how to identify and distinguish between the different types of director, e.g. de sure, de facto, shadow. You’ll also know how to appoint or remove a director, and understand directors’ duties and liabilities, including under wider legislation, such as the Bribery Act 2010.
Your new expertise will include the ability to:
- Identify who is a director
- Understand how directors are appointed
- Advise on the role of the director and directors' powers
- Recognise directors' duties: where are they set out, scope and application
- Assess directors' liability and indemnity
- Understand directors' interests including loans to/from the company and substantial property transactions
- Advise on holding effective meetings
- Recognise the risks under Company Directors' Disqualification Act 1986
- Identify action points for directors
Learning will be strengthened through practical illustrations and advice, such as the institute of Directors Good Practice Indicators.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org