Directors' duties and liabilities: what you need to know
Member price: £260 + VAT
Non-member price: £306 + VAT
Online Live, 1 June 2023
London, 6 October 2023
This course takes a commercial approach to the statute and common law for directors duties and liabilities with particular detailed reference to the Companies Act 2006, the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Insolvency Act 1986 (corporate aspects).
Reliefs from liability such as directors’ and officers’ insurance and indemnities are explored with practical examples.
It is of particular interest for anyone wanting a useful refresher and also provides updates on recent developments at Companies House and UK legislation reflecting the hybrid working environment and the challenges of current economic conditions.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit if you yourself are a director or if you are involved in advising directors and companies.
The course is ideal if you are new to the role of director or to advising directors and reflects the most recent developments from Companies House and under the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 (corporate aspects).
What you will learn
The course covers:
- the different types of directors under the Companies Act 2006 (including executive, non - executive, de facto, shadow) and their respective duties and liabilities
- the process of appointment and termination
- directors’ reliefs from liability
- directors’ duties under other statutes including those relating to bribery, health and safety, environment
- the process for effective board meetings and informal directors’ decision making
- remote decision making/execution of contracts, updated processes from Companies House and wrongful and fraudulent trading under the Insolvency Act 1986
- directors’ conflicts and interests in transactions with the company
- the risks under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986
- practical action points for directors
Practical illustrations are used throughout to give you the confidence to thoroughly understand the responsibilities and the liabilities of the role of director in a UK private limited company.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org