Company secretary - the essential guide
Member price for Online Live: £361 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £425 + VAT
Member price in London: £566 + VAT
Non-member price in London: £666 + VAT
Online Live, 10 May 2023
Online Live, 8 June 2023
Online Live, 27 September 2023
London, 24 November 2023
This course provides a thorough grounding in the role of the company secretary for a private limited company. It provides a practical awareness of current company legislation and how the legislation impacts on company formation, the day to day running of a company and business events and milestones.
Of particular interest currently will be focus on how to tackle issues arising from remote working such as electronic execution of deeds and documents and the challenges of board or shareholder meetings in a remote working environment.
Who should attend
This course is ideal for:
- company secretaries/assistants;
- and accountants who are involved in corporate or company secretarial work and provides an essential overview of key company secretarial issues from incorporation.
What you will learn
You will gain a solid understanding of the key competencies of a company secretarial role for a UK private limited company, enhanced with a practical approach.
- Company formation (choices, practicalities, filing requirements - with a practical focus on online in the current environment)
- Company constitution (memorandum and articles)
- Role of directors and the company secretary
- Execution of deeds and documents (with particular reference to virtual/electronic signature)
- Holding of board and shareholder meetings (with particular focus on remote decision making)
- Maintenance of statutory registers and ongoing filings
- Business events and milestones (appreciating issues surrounding share transfers, confirmation statement, accounts)
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com