28 April - CAs in Sport webinar, hosted by the Glasgow Area Network
CAs working in sport shared their stories and how their CA qualification benefited them in their roles in sport. Our speakers will also gave us insight into how their sport has managed through COVID-19, the learning they’ll bring with them moving forward and how the pandemic has impacted large-scale sporting events like the Olympics, Euros and Lions Tour.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 28 April 2021)
Key themes and topics
- CAs working in sports
- Impact of COVID-19 on sports and large-scale events
Who are the speakers?
- Graeme Morrison CA, Corporate Finance Manager at Johnston Carmichael and former Glasgow Warriors and Scotland Rugby Union player
- Ian Reid CA, Chief Executive Officer at Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee
- Rachel Corsie CA, Professional Footballer of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL)
- Host: Bernard Dunn CA.
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- Anyone interested in sports
- CAs working in business, sports or events
- CAs interested in post-COVID business recovery.
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.