TC Scotland course dates 2021/22
In order to provide CA Students and training Firms with additional flexibility, TC courses are scheduled to start in Scotland over two intakes, in September 2021 and Spring 2022 (Date TBC).
Details of individual class timetables will be issued to Firms during August and will be released to Students on Timetabler.
The Test of Competence consists of six subjects:
- Financial Accounting (FA)
- Assurance and Reporting (AR)
- Business Acumen (BA)
- Principles of Tax (PoT)
- Finance (Fin)
- Management and Information Technology (MIT)
The first four subjects above (FA, AR, BA and POT) will be delivered through a mixture of live online-taught sessions and myCABLE (online) sessions. The other two subjects (Fin and MIT) will be delivered through myCABLE sessions only, with no live taught element.
New flexible start dates – September 2021 and Spring 2022
ICAS understands the difficulties that Firms and Students have faced over the past few months and that some uncertainty will remain for the foreseeable future. In light of this, and in order to provide CA Students and Firms with a degree of flexibility, we are offering two options for TC class start dates.
In addition to the traditional September start date for TC courses, ICAS will be offering a TC course starting in Spring 2022.
Both the September 2021 and Spring 2022 courses, as well as Bookkeeping, will be delivered through live online lectures. There will be no physical face-to-face class elements for any of these courses.
Details of the March start date
FA, AR, POT & BA
Fin & MIT
Starts March 2022 with FA, AR, PoT, BA to exams in the week commencing 18 April 2022.
- During the six week period there will be a mixture of live online classes and myCABLE days.
- Exemptions are available for all subjects.
- Exam results are planned to be reported on Friday 3 June 2022.
- Each course includes two progress tests and a mock, all of which will be sat online and reported to Students and Firms shortly thereafter.
Fin and MIT to exams in the week commencing 25 April 2022.
- Fin and MIT are studied using myCABLE.
- Fin is six days and MIT is six days.
- Exemptions are available for both subjects.
- Firms may choose when their Students study in preparation for the exams in the week commencing 16 May 2022.
- Exam results are planned to be reported on Friday 1 July 2022..