Big Pensions Debate: watch the opening remarks
Watch our inaugural Challenging Conversations debate on pensions.
Hosted in Edinburgh, chaired by Merryn Somerset Webb, and featuring a panel of leading players in the pensions industry. The debate addressed the uncomfortable truth that many pension savers will not have an adequate income in retirement.
Watch the full debate:
The event, took place in Edinburgh on 12 June and included:
- Henry Tapper, Founder of the Pension PlayPen - watch Henry discuss his views on the death of DB schemes from 1m:46s.
- Clare Reilly, Head of Corporate Development, PensionBee - watch Clare explain why she believes the pensions crisis is all about inadequate saving from 5:01.
- Jamie Jenkins, Head of Pensions Strategy, Standard Life - Jamie tackles defined benefit at 10:31.
- Rob Yuille, Head of Retirement Policy at the Association of British Insurers - Rob believes there are opportunities to transform the way savers engage with their pensions. Watch him from 13:54.
- Maggie Craig, Head of the Financial Conduct Authority’s Scotland office - watch Maggie deliver her opening remarks from 23:44.