Big Pensions Debate: watch the opening remarks
Watch our inaugural Challenging Conversations debate on pensions.
Hosted in Edinburgh, chaired by Merryn Somerset Webb, and featuring a panel of leading players in the pensions industry. The debate addressed the uncomfortable truth that many pension savers will not have an adequate income in retirement.
The video runs to 42 minutes - one to watch on your commute home - and shows our panel of experts setting out their stall on this crucial topic.
Watch the full debate:
The event, took place in Edinburgh on 12 June and included:
- Henry Tapper, Founder of the Pension PlayPen - watch Henry discuss his views on the death of DB schemes from 1m:46s.
- Clare Reilly, Head of Corporate Development, PensionBee - watch Clare explain why she believes the pensions crisis is all about inadequate saving from 5:01.
- Jamie Jenkins, Head of Pensions Strategy, Standard Life - Jamie tackles defined benefit at 10:31.
- Rob Yuille, Head of Retirement Policy at the Association of British Insurers - Rob believes there are opportunities to transform the way savers engage with their pensions. Watch him from 13:54.
- Maggie Craig, Head of the Financial Conduct Authority’s Scotland office - watch Maggie deliver her opening remarks from 23:44.
Pensions is the first big issue that ICAS is debating as part of our Challenging Conversations initiative.