CCAB ethics resources
On 15 June 2023, the CCAB Ethics Group hosted an ethics webinar – “Resilience Under Pressure”. The Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) has also launched an ethics resources page on their website where you can find a range of ethics resources, including access to the recording of the webinar.
CCAB Ethics webinar - Resilience Under Pressure
We are one of the five members of the CCAB along with the ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA and Chartered Accountants Ireland. The CCAB provides a forum for the five member bodies to work together collectively in the public interest on matters affecting the profession and the wider economy.
The CCAB ethics webinar highlighted learnings from the 2021 CCAB ethics survey, discussed the ethical challenges and opportunities facing accountants and promoted strategies for making better ethical decisions.
The webinar was Chaired by Iain Lowson, Head of Quality and Risk Management, BDO and Chair of the CCAB Ethics Group, and featured recorded interviews with:
- Malcolm Bacchus, Deputy President, ICAEW;
- Professor Pat Barker, Fellow Chartered Accountants Ireland, academic, accountant and public body leader;
- Professor Chris Cowton, Associate Dean, Institute of Business Ethics;
- Barry Doyle, Vice-President, Chartered Accountants Ireland and Investment Director, MASV;
- Níall Fitzgerald, Head of Ethics and Governance, Chartered Accountants Ireland; and
- Dominic Hall, Global Head of Ethics, BAE Systems and Chair, IFBEC.
There was also a presentation by Ann Buttery, Head of Ethics, ICAS Policy Leadership, on “Organisational culture: The importance of speaking up and listening”.
Following the panel discussion, a Q&A session discussing a range of matters raised by the audience took place. The panel was chaired by Iain Lowson and comprised the following members:
- Susan Allan, CCAB Director and ACCA Council Member;
- Professor Pat Barker;
- Carol Culley OBE, Junior Vice-President of CIPFA; and
- Samuel Ennis, Head of Tax for a financial services group, and former ICAS Ethics Board member.
CCAB ethics resources
The CCAB ethics resources page offers a range of ethics resources produced by the CCAB. It includes a link to the recording of the full “Resilience Under Pressure” webinar, as well as extracts from the recorded interviews on the following topics:
- Ethics as a competency
- Ethical decision-making
- Ethical culture
- Accountants as agents for change
- Whistleblowing and speaking up
- The challenges posed by artificial intelligence
- The ethics of sustainability
- Advice to young accountants
The CCAB has also published a series of ethical dilemmas case studies (2022), updated from previous editions, which illustrate how the Codes of Ethics of the CCAB bodies can be applied by:
- Professional Accountants in Business
- Professional Accountants working in the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Professional Accountants in the Public Sector
- Professional Accountants in Public Practice
- Professional Accountants working as Non-Executive Directors
ICAS Ethics Resources
Find out more about the ethics resources ICAS provides to support its members.