Factsheet - support for those affected by COVID-19
HM Treasury has published a factsheet with further guidance on how to access the government support packages if you or your business has been affected by COVID-19.
The factsheet sets out further information on how you or your business can access support if you are experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19. It includes information for individuals and for businesses.
This includes the following measures announced by the Chancellor:
- additional funding,
- Statutory Sick Pay changes, and
- an increase in the Business Rates retail discount for one year (England).
Guidance for individuals and self-employed includes:
- Sick pay
- Financial support from the local authority Hardship Fund (England)
- Financial difficulties meeting your mortgage repayments or paying back personal loans or credit card bills because of COVID-19.
Guidance for business includes:
- SMEs and entitlements to reclaim costs of Statutory Sick Pay for sickness absence due to Covid-19
- Business rates holiday / reliefs (England)
- SMEs and large businesses facing cash flow issues due to Covid-19
- HMRC Time to Pay service if you are concerned about not being able to pay your tax bills because of COVID-19
- If you own a pub that serves food or a restaurant in England, you will be able to operate a hot food takeaway to serve people staying at home, without going through the usual planning process
- Insurance claim and government’s medical advice.