Unauthorised deductions from wages
Price £35 + VAT
Protection of wages from unauthorised deductions by the employer was one of the first elements of employment protection put in place in England and Wales. Protection of this type has been around in one form or another for over 200 years.
Now contained in the Employment Rights Act 1996, the rules are highly prescriptive, and the requirements can catch employers unawares, particularly in the retail sector. This is an area that no employer can afford to ignore.
What you will learn
- which categories of workers qualify for protection
- the circumstances in which an “unauthorised deduction” occurs
- what is classed as “wages”
- the special provisions applicable to retail employment
- the available remedies for an individual who has suffered an unauthorised deduction
- the overlap with possible contractual claims
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
Tel: 0330 060 3303