Fraud, money laundering and bribery
Member price: £136 + VAT
Non-member price: £160 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 9 October 2017
Aberdeen, 7 November 2017
What you will learn
Fraud, money laundering and bribery continue to be areas of focus affecting all accountants in their day to day work and cost the UK economy billions per annum. There is rarely a day now when these areas do not appear in the financial press, affecting all types of entity, irrespective of size.
Who should attend
This course will be relevant to all who have an interest in fraud, money laundering and bribery and whose role requires them to understand the area, including:
- Those involved in auditing who need to consider these areas during audit planning, completion and fieldwork
- Accountants/ finance directors working in industry who require a knowledge of these areas
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
- A current overview of the impact of these areas and reported examples
- How these subjects are now considered as part of our day to day work
- Reminder of the current legislation- Fraud Act 2006, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, Money Laundering Regulations and Bribery Act 2010
- Requirements to consider under ISAs, including in particular ISA 240 and ISA 315
- Importance of internal controls
- Reporting and dealing with issues identified
- Impact on small businesses
- Question and answer session and sharing of experiences
Tel: 0330 060 3303