Member price in Scotland: £335.75 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £395 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Member price in England: £530 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £624 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Edinburgh, 30 September 2019
London, 16 May 2019
London, 19 September 2019
London, 14 November 2019
What you will learn
This one-day course helps to translate the often confusing terminology surrounding cybercrime and provides an up-to-date factual overview of Cyber Security in today’s world, in an easy-to-understand format. This informative session is based on real-life events and offers advice, tips, and recommendations on what individuals and businesses can do to help stay protected, and potentially minimise the risk of future threats.
Who should attend
This informative course will benefit anyone who wants to learn how to minimise risk in today’s culture of computing, where cybercrime has become commonplace. While the course will cover some basic elements of networks, exploring web-code, and some technicalities of the Internet, no programming or technical knowledge is necessary to attend, as a full explanation will be provided from the ground up.
View full event details
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Build an understanding of why cyber security should be part of everyday life
- Discover easy ways of staying on top and implementing precautionary measures in almost any business
- See why any individual or business is potentially vulnerable to cybercrime, and why being vigilant should be an inherent routine
- Understand the costs involved in products and services
- Become familiar with some of the basic terminology and jargon surrounding cyber security and cybercrime, and how the emergence of advanced intelligent solutions like Artificial Intelligence could benefit the cyber world significantly
Tel: 0330 060 3303