ICAS local Area Networks updated for 2022
The Scottish ICAS local Area Networks have been refreshed and reorganised in response to Member feedback.
The Area Networks act as local links between ICAS and its Members and Students in Scotland and London, supporting the communication of key initiatives, relaying feedback and delivering a calendar of exclusive events.
The organisation of the networks was recently refreshed and reorganised in a move that aims to ensure they are more effective at covering and representing all of Scotland and are better aligned with local-authority areas and ICAS Council’s Electoral Area seats.
The decision to reorganise was driven by feedback from ICAS Members who at times reported confusion over which Network covered their locality.
The changes affect the previous Lothian and Borders Area Network, which becomes Scotland East, and Glasgow and West, which becomes Scotland West, with Grampian, Highlands and London all unchanged.
|Previous name||New name||Areas covered|
Lothian and Borders
City of Edinburgh, West Lothian, Midlothian, East Lothian, Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, Scottish Borders, Perth and Kinross, Fife, Dundee City, Angus.
Glasgow and West
Glasgow City, East Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, Argyll and Bute, North Ayrshire, South Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, Dumfries and Galloway.
Unchanged: Moray (West), Highland, Orkney Islands, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, Shetland Islands.
Unchanged: Moray (South and East), Aberdeenshire and the City of Aberdeen.
Connect with your Network
The ICAS Area Networks are always keen to hear from local Members and Students who’d like to get involved or who might have ideas for local events or initiatives.
You’ll find more information here along with contact details for the Chair of your local Area Network.
Your Area Network’s event plans for 2022
The Area Networks regularly host a range of exclusive online and in-person events that provide opportunities to engage with ICAS, connect with local Members and Students and hear from expert speakers with insight from in and out of the profession.
You’ll find highlights of some of this year’s planned events below and keep an eye on your ICAS emails and icas.com for more information, confirmed dates and news of all the upcoming activity in your area.
- May: Charity Quiz night at the Ashvale in Aberdeen
- September: Meet the ICAS President and CEO drinks reception at Aberdeen Art Gallery
- June: Employment Law Presentation followed by informal networking and ten-pin bowling
- December: Bank of England Update in Inverness, followed by a Meet the ICAS President reception and curry night.
- March: The London Episode: Rukasana Bhajee on ED&I and Inclusive Leadership
- Autumn and winter: Two further London Episode events, speakers TBC
- May/June: Summer BBQ drinks reception
- October: Late charity Burns supper
- June: Sustainability-themed event
- Date TBC: Cycling and networking at the velodrome – joint event at the Emirates Arena with Scotland East Area Network, ahead of the Cycling World Championship.