Enhancing your ICAS webinar experience
The new and recently launched ICAS webinar platform provides an enhanced and more interactive audience experience.
We’re always working to improve the services and support we provide to our Members and CA Students. When the COVID pandemic struck in 2020, those improvement efforts extended to transitioning our specialist events to the online, webinar environment.
If you’ve recently joined an ICAS webinar then you might have noticed that we’ve continued to make improvements and moved over to a new platform, EventsAIR.
More engaging and interactive
Our new platform features a greater range of technical features and offers additional opportunities for audience participation, helping to give you a more engaging and interactive experience.
The new platform also allows for further levels of customisation and enables the use of dedicated ICAS branding, so you can enjoy a more connected experience when accessing content across the various ICAS channels.
How it works
Here are a few hints and tips to help you get started and enjoy the best-possible experience from the new platform.
- When you register for an ICAS webinar we’ll email you confirmation and a reminder to add your Google or Outlook calendar.
- We’ll email you again 24 hours (and around one hour) before the start time with a link to log in and join the webinar.
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your preferred browser to attend ICAS webinars.
- Log in five minutes before the webinar starts, to make sure you’re all set up and ready.
- When logging in for the first time, you’ll be asked to complete a microphone and camera test to help ensure you have the best-possible experience.
- Don’t worry, your camera and microphone won’t be live during the webinar (unless you’re attending a dedicated networking event).
- If you have any problems joining a webinar, you can always contact a member of the ICAS Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know what you think
Over the coming months we’ll be adding extra features to the platform that will further enhance and refine your webinar experience.
In the meantime, if you’ve recently joined an ICAS webinar, we’d welcome your feedback on the new platform. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com to let us know what you think or for help with any issues you might have experienced.
The ICAS webinar hub
Remember to visit our webinar hub to browse the calendar of upcoming ICAS Insights and Ask ICAS events or if you’d like to catch up on any recent editions you might have missed.