Become a tutor with ICAS
Come join our ambitious learning team at a pivotal moment in our journey as we transform our CA syllabus and deliver exciting new ways of learning.
We’re looking to grow our pool of contract tutors who can help deliver our portfolio of courses across the CA qualification syllabus and support the next generation of CAs to realise their potential.
Find out more about all of the courses in our CA qualification syllabus and structure.
What you’ll do
Our tutors work across all areas of our blended learning landscape, including online live, self-directed digital study, and in-centre learning in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow. As our organisation continues to grow, you’ll have the opportunity to work in any or all of these environments.
As an external contract tutor, we’ll expect you to:
- Be a subject matter expert in your area of teaching.
- Be fully prepared and immersed in the relevant course content and its context to ensure it is delivered at the right level and meets the needs of the learner.
- Support learners in and out of the classroom, providing advice and guidance on their approach to studying as they progress through their programme level/qualification. This includes answering technical queries on course content and facilitating peer to peer discussions.
Most of all, you’ll use your invaluable knowledge and experience to equip aspiring CAs with everything they need to achieve fulfilling careers.
What you’ll bring
- Your knowledge and experience as a qualified ICAS Chartered Accountant or equivalent (Level 11 Masters/Level 7 apprenticeship).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and the ability to provide clear explanation of complex material.
- Strong technical knowledge and working practical knowledge of subject(s).
- A passion for learning, teaching and supporting others.
- Prior teaching experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Experience in educational programme delivery within higher education, a professional body or training provider.
- Experience with online delivery platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect).
What you can expect from us
We know that work and wellbeing go hand in hand, and it’s our job to help you thrive in your new role. With us, you can look forward to:
- Flexible hours that fit into your existing schedule.
- Plenty of notice to help you plan life around work.
- Competitive pay in line with industry expectations.
- Support from our dedicated delivery and scheduling teams including learning materials and delivery plans.
From day one, we’ll make sure you feel supported in everything you do.
Want to join the team?
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, send us your CV as well as a covering letter detailing:
- Your learning environment and location preferences.
- Any other tutor roles you currently hold.