Certificate in Sustainability Strategy, Risk and Reporting
The next cohort of the Certificate in Sustainability Strategy, Risk and Reporting commences from 5 October 2023. To find out more please email CAI.
Corporate reporting for sustainability can no longer be considered optional or niche. This 8-week programme will help accountants understand key reporting frameworks, tools, and metrics, and equip participants to address the sustainability opportunities and challenges they already face.
As sustainability issues (or ESG: Environmental, Social and Governance) become increasingly relevant to reports, risk management and strategy development, accountants need to be able to understand what this rapidly-changing area means for their organisations and their roles.
This programme has been designed to provide accountants with a strong foundation in sustainability and ESG issues and how they are relevant to their business, organisation, practice, and clients.
This certificate programme is offered to ICAS Members via distance learning, at a special discounted rate through our partnership with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI).
Each module consists of a mix of live online delivery and self-paced study materials. Live session dates take place over eight consecutive weeks. Download the brochure below for all dates.
On successful completion of this Certificate, you will be able to:
- Understand global sustainability challenges and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues
- Explain the drivers behind sustainability and its relevance to businesses and corporate entities
- Understand how climate-related financial risks and opportunities are identified, evaluated and addressed
- Effectively communicate the financially-material impact of sustainability issues to stakeholders
- Understand key EU and national sustainable finance policies impacting the financial and real economy
- Understand the state of play on current sustainability reporting frameworks (e.g. Non-Financial Reporting Directive/Corporate Sustainable Reporting Directive, Task Force on Climate-related Disclosures, International Sustainability Standards Board)
- Identify qualitative and quantitative ESG reporting metrics and compile, analyse and interpret them
- Understand ESG criteria and data is relevant to/used by different stakeholders
- Recognise how sustainability already impacts your role as an accountant and how that is likely to evolve
Who should take this programme?
The Certificate in Sustainability Strategy, Risk and Reporting is for accountants in both practice and industry who need to understand sustainability and how it will impact their role and organisation. This will enable participants to constructively address the sustainability opportunities and challenges that the modern accountant faces.
This programme has been designed to meet the needs of professionals who require an understanding of sustainability in business, and Chartered Accountants Ireland welcomes applications from:
- Holders of a degree at Level 8 on the NFQ or an equivalent qualification
- Members and students of Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Members of other recognised professional bodies including ICAS
- Individuals with relevant experience in finance, business or other relevant fields
- All applicants other than members of Chartered Accountants Ireland will be asked to submit evidence of their qualifications or experience with their application (see the CAI admission & awards criteria page for more details).
How you study
The Certificate in Sustainability Strategy, Risk and Reporting is delivered through a blend of self-paced study and live-streamed virtual classrooms. Online sessions and programme assessments are all conducted through a virtual learning environment.
Your performance will be evaluated throughout the programme by MCQs and learning logs to reinforce and confirm your progress.
Fees are fully-inclusive and will cover registration, course materials, tuition fees and assessment fees.
|Member of Chartered Accountants Ireland or ICAS||€1,495 | £1,275|
|Other professionals / applicants||€1,745 | £1,495|
Download the Overview brochure and Programme Syllabus document below for full details.
Overview and booking form
Unsure if this programme is right for you?
Contact the Chartered Accountants Ireland team and they can arrange a call with one of their team to advise you.
Enquiries and bookings
For enquiries on any of the qualifications please contact:
Member Experience Team, Chartered Accountants Ireland
+353 (1) 6377213, firstname.lastname@example.org
To book any of these diplomas please download and fill out the relevant qualification 'overview and booking form' above and then email your application to the above email address.
Delegates should quote 'ICAS' as their referral source and members should quote their ICAS membership number to take advantage of the discounted member price.
By booking this programme you are agreeing to Chartered Accountants Ireland's terms and conditions. Please see their booking Terms and Conditions to find out more.