One stop guide to small company reporting
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Inverness, 7 April 2020
Edinburgh, 8 April 2020
Glasgow, 23 June 2020
Edinburgh, 22 September 2020
Perth, 3 November 2020
This course will focus on practical issues affecting small companies. In particular, it will cover FRS 102 (Section 1A) applicable to small companies and other relevant sections of FRS 102, and the micro-entity option under FRS 105. The course will also cover implications of the amendments to FRS 102 published in December 2017.
It will contain numerous practical examples to help you apply the various requirements to your accounts and those of your clients.
What you will learn
- Ensure you are up to date with recent developments and advice from regulators and professional bodies;
- Obtain practical tips on options available and how to take maximum advantage of exemptions;
- Guidance on how to avoid common pitfalls.
Who should attend
This course is essential for those who are involved in the preparation and audit of small company financial statements and giving advice to their clients.
Key issues to be covered will include:
- Overview of recent developments
- Related party transactions including directors’ remuneration, dividends and loans to the company
- ‘Filleted’ accounts
- Financial instruments and financing transaction
- Classification of liabilities
- Investment properties
- Fixed asset revaluations
- Operating lease issues
- Income and equity statements
- Disclosure issues and grey areas
- Accounting for dividends and presentation in the financial statements
- Micro-entities issues