Employment status online course
The employment status of an individual is important to identify correctly, as it is this which dictates their employment entitlements. For example, it is only employees who qualify for the right not to be unfairly dismissed, or a redundancy payment.
The area is complicated as the tests are not clear cut, and the different categories of employment status can overlap. Employment tribunal decisions in this area are highly fact sensitive.
Price: £35 + VAT
What you will gain
The employment status of an individual is important to identify correctly - this course sets out the fundamental principles from which the factual analysis can be conducted.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the different categories of employment status and why this matters
- the three elements required for a person to qualify as an employee and the four stages a tribunal will go through to identify whether there is a contract of employment
- the three elements required for a person to qualify as a worker
- the fact that the tests in these areas are not clear cut and that each case should be examined on its own facts
- the fact that some of the categories overlap and it is possible for an individual to be classified into more than one employment status
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org