Become a Mentee
Working with a mentor can help to get your career off the ground, take it to the next level or advance the development of a new project.
Mentorship is valuable at any stage in your career development. The ICAS Mentoring programme is open to you at all stages of your career. There are lots of different reasons why you might apply to be mentored, as everyone has different goals.
Some goals are progression-led, such as:
- Branching out into a new area of finance and accountancy
- Getting a promotion
- Talking through your day-to-day challenges
Others might relate to skills you need in the workplace that you need to work towards, such as:
Enhancing your leadership and management capabilities
- Working successfully through periods of change
- Enhancing specific skills such as presenting or networking
“The calibre of mentors available through ICAS is world class [...] I now can't imagine trying to navigate my career without a mentor or coach.” Rebecca Berry CA, Change Management Consultant
“Mentoring played a pivotal role in my early career and continues to do so today. It’s vital as it allows you to reflect and receive constructive challenge and feedback from a mentor with more expertise or lived experience.” Indy Singh Hothi CA, former ICAS President
- Impartial advice and encouragement
- Learn from your mentor’s experience
- Be encouraged and empowered
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Connect to a more established network
- Gain a trusted adviser
There are various resources available to support you including guides and videos on the online platform, which explains the whole process in more detail and will help you and your mentor maximise the benefits of the mentoring experience.
If you have any queries or questions, or require additional support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Member Engagement team will be happy to help you.