The ICAS member value proposition – what we’re doing for you
From the internationally respected and trusted CA designation, to a connected support strategy and a host of exclusive benefits, the value of your ICAS membership is in the sum of its parts.
This year we’re focusing more than ever on how we can support and inspire you through every stage of your professional life, with the launch of our member value proposition.
Highlighting the value of ICAS membership, ICAS CEO Bruce Cartwright CA said: “We are clearly defining the benefits of ICAS membership to ensure that we meet and exceed the expectations our members have of us.
“ICAS is committed to putting its members at the heart of what it does, creating a community that promotes professional development at all stages of the career journey by deploying a wide range of professional tools and member benefits. Through our role as an industry champion and regulator we speak as an ethical voice, maintaining public trust in business and finance, and promoting and protecting the CA designation”.
Learn, grow, advance together
As a CA, you’re recognised as a trusted business professional who’s trained to the highest standards. As an ICAS member you’re always connected to an international network and a support system designed to continually assist and advance your career, so we can learn, grow, advance together.
The value of your Chartered Accountant (CA) designation
Chartered Accountant status adds incredible value to your career, signifying that you’re trained for the highest levels of accountancy and business, and committed to a process of continuous professional development.
And the ICAS CA is internationally respected, so the awareness of your abilities isn’t restricted to a single country or continent.
By maintaining your CA designation and ICAS membership you are viewed by the corporate world, and the public in general, as being:
- Able to provide confidence to clients and markets
Have you completed your annual membership renewal for 2020?
Complete your Annual Renewal for 2020 to retain your CA designation and continue to enjoy the benefits of your ICAS membership. Log in using your email address. Completing only takes a few minutes.
Read the ICAS member value proposition to learn more:
To help facilitate the success of each individual CA – and progress the profession as a whole – we designed a member-support strategy consisting of four main pillars:
- Connect and help to succeed
- Public trust and big voice
- Innovate for the future
- Customer-centric organisation
1. Connect and help to succeed
We’re a business network with over 22,000 CAs, spanning industries and time zones, packed with professional opportunities, peers and mentors, connecting ambitions to success, whatever your horizons.
- Access to professional guidance, knowledge and technical information.
- Connection to a worldwide network of over 22,000 ICAS members.
- Daily CA Today news service.
- CA Magazine – ICAS’ award-winning member magazine.
- Regular specialist e-news bulletins.
- Access to Professional Development and Life-Long Learning programmes.
- High quality, free-to-attend networking events centred on a wide range of topics.
- Mentoring opportunities.
- Dedicated support for Area Networks, both in the UK and internationally.
- Access to a global network of Chartered Accountants through reciprocity agreements and international collaborations.
2. Public trust and big voice
We’re your industry champion, a regulator and ethical voice, maintaining public trust in business and finance, promoting and protecting your CA designation.
- Code of Ethics – the internationally respected code applies to all members of ICAS and underpins our Royal Charter commitment to act in the public interest.
- Front-line thought leadership.
- Promoting the CA brand to governments, stakeholders, the public and employers.
- Reciprocity membership agreements with international accountancy bodies.
- Prompting the public interest through public-policy engagement, legislative and regulatory advice.
- Regulatory and conduct regimes to maintain and improve standards in the profession.
3. Innovate for the future
We’re an educator and examiner, training the brightest and best. And as thought leader and guide we work to ensure that you’re always progressing in a future-proof profession.
- CA training programme which sets and enforces rigorous entry standards – maintaining the high calibre of CAs.
- Online student-learning platform (My Cable).
- The ICAS app and CA Connect – an online ICAS digital community which connects members and stimulates debate amongst the profession.
- A clear digital strategy to improve service delivery.
- Continuous development of the CA syllabus to ensure your qualification remains relevant and fit for the future.
4. Customer-centric organisation
As an ICAS member you are at the centre of our importance, with help and advice that’s online and face-to-face, and benefits and awards that recognise your achievements.
- Access to dedicated helplines and advice.
- Online and face-to-face support from a dedicated practice-support team.
- Exclusive member-benefit offers and discounts.
- Benevolent support for members and future members.
- Member awards recognising excellence and achievements.