The ICAS Member Value Proposition – what we’re doing for you
Built to support and inspire through every stage of your professional life, no matter what comes along, the value of ICAS membership is in the sum of its parts.
Our Member Value Proposition highlights the focus we place on striving to assist and inspire you through every stage of your professional life. From the internationally trusted and respected CA designation to a connected support strategy and a host of exclusive benefits, the value of your ICAS membership is in the sum of its parts.
As the world you live and work in adapts to new circumstances, so too does your ICAS membership. You can be assured that, no matter what comes along, we will always be here to help you overcome the challenges and grasp the opportunities, so we can learn, grow and advance together.
Highlighting the value of ICAS membership, ICAS CEO Bruce Cartwright CA said: “ICAS is committed to putting its Members at the heart of what it does, creating a community that promotes professional development at all stages of the career journey by deploying a wide range of professional tools and Member benefits. Through our role as an industry champion and regulator we speak as an ethical voice, maintaining public trust in business and finance, and promoting and protecting the CA designation”.
Read the ICAS Member Value Proposition to learn more:
To help facilitate the success of each individual CA – and progress the profession as a whole – we designed a Member-support strategy consisting of four main pillars:
- Connect and help to succeed
- Public trust and big voice
- Innovate for the future
- Customer-centric organisation
1. Connect and help to succeed
We’re your business network of almost 23,000 CAs, spanning industries and time zones, packed with professional opportunities, peers and mentors, connecting ambitions to success, whatever your horizons.
- Our internationally respected and trusted CA qualification unlocks a world of professional opportunity.
- Professional resources and technical guidance to support CAs working in every sphere from business and industry, to practice and the public sector.
- Connection to a global network of almost 23,000 ICAS CAs and the 750,000 members of Chartered Accountants Worldwide.
- CA Connect – our exclusive digital community links you to peers and mentors and facilitates debate amongst the profession.
- Access to training courses and resources designed to facilitate your Continuing Professional Development.
- The CA Agenda podcast and our award-winning CA Magazine connect you to the brightest minds from the worlds of business, accounting and technology.
- Our high-quality free-to-attend events and webinars provide, inspiration, advice and connection.
- Career and business mentoring opportunities to help you take the next step.
- Our UK Area Networks and International Communities are your link to ICAS and fellow CAs in your local area.
2. Public trust and big voice
We’re your industry champion, a regulator, ethical voice and promoter of equality, diversity and inclusion, maintaining public trust in business and finance whilst promoting and protecting the values enshrined by your CA designation.
- Code of Ethics – the internationally respected code applies to all ICAS Members and provides the requirements and application material to help you to meet your ethical obligations.
- Our frontline thought leadership harnesses expert insight and analysis to guide the profession and drive the debate.
- We actively engage with parliaments, politicians, regulators and international stakeholders to represent your views and interests.
- We work to promote a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and to ensure that the profession and the wider business landscape are accessible to all.
- You can rely on our regulatory and conduct regimes to uphold and improve standards in the profession and protect the reputation of your CA designation.
- Through our public-policy contributions and legislative and regulatory advice we continuously work to promote the public interest.
3. Innovate for the future
We’re an educator and examiner, training the brightest and best, leveraging innovation and technology to ensure that you’re always progressing in a future-proof profession.
- Through increased digital delivery we provide connection, inspiration and technical information, no matter where you are.
- We’re committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion and taking action that will deliver positive change within the profession.
- The CA Summit – our immersive digital conference is your free ticket to a host of topical debate, leadership insight and expert advice.
- Our CA training programme sets and enforces rigorous entry standards to maintain the high calibre of CAs.
- We continuously develop our CA syllabus and provide updates to qualified Members, to ensure that your professional expertise remains relevant.
- Our online teaching and assessment deliver the resilience and flexibility to ensure that the profession is always progressing.
- Our targeted email service sends industry news, professional insights and essential information direct to your inbox.
4. Customer-centric organisation
As an ICAS Member you are at the centre of our importance, surrounded by a connected support strategy that’s designed to help and advise through every stage of your career.
- Our dedicated Customer Experience team delivers help and support when you need it.
- You have exclusive access to dedicated helplines and workplace advice.
- Our specialist practice-support team is there to support you online and face-to-face.
- Member rewards – discounts and value-added services from top brands and companies, specifically chosen for you.
- Benevolent support for Members and future Members.
- We gather your feedback through regular surveys and use the insights to help shape improvements to the services we provide.
- Use the exclusive ICAS Member logo to promote your status as a Chartered Accountant.
- Through CA Wellbeing we promote a positive conversation and provide you with support and information on mental fitness, health and wellbeing.
- We offer flexible interest-free options for the payment of your membership fees.