ICAS launches ED&I campaign - Championing Unique Perspectives
ICAS has launched Championing Unique Perspectives - a new campaign profiling its diverse membership and building awareness and possible solutions on the key themes of equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) integrating them into working practices.
Following the creation of the ED+I Committee (formerly the Guthrie Group), ICAS has renewed its focus on promoting ED&I to ensure that the accountancy profession and the wider businesses landscape is accessible to all.
As part of this focus, ICAS has launched its Championing Unique Perspectives campaign.
This new campaign aims to:
- profile the diversity of ICAS’ membership;
- raise awareness of the challenges faced on subjects such as race, gender, disability, sexual orientation and age;
- provide employers with ideas and insights on ways they can build open and inclusive workplaces; and
- provide a safe space for CAs to share ideas, experiences and views on ED&I in general.
Tracey Rob Perera CA, Chair of the ED+I Committee, said: “The ED+I Committee is central to supporting Members with the diverse challenges they face and the practical solutions they have on the topics we will be covering in the Champion Unique Perspectives campaign.
“As Chair of the ED+I Committee, my priority is to lead by example and create a sense of psychological safety where colleagues can feel at ease with speaking openly and honestly about their thoughts and experiences and taking this culture to their workplaces.
“This new campaign will help our continued work in this area by offering a platform for CAs to share their stories and providing the spark that will ignite a wider understanding of the importance of a fair, open and diverse profession.”
“Through hearing real life examples, we will all understand better and help employers and employees to see the advantages of putting the structural improvements and expected behaviours into place by integrating ED&I into all business working practices. We encourage our membership to be truly inclusive leaders, leading by example from the top so they will improve the inclusive culture of their organisation and attract the best talent.”
“We also aim to display to employers the benefits of helping their staff to work to their strengths and full potential - leading to a more productive, harmonious workforce that builds profit, performance and innovation."
Experiences and perspectives on ED&I are unique and vary from person to person. Throughout 2021 ICAS will be releasing a range of features, interviews, webinars and podcasts covering a wide range of topics under the theme of Championing Unique Perspectives.
ICAS encourages its Members to engage in the discussion and to promote the value of diversity.
To get involved and help increase awareness of Championing Unique Perspectives, you can:
- Request a social media pack of branded Championing Unique Perspectives images to share across your social media platforms.
- Use the hashtag #uniqueperspectives to be part of the conversation on social media.
- Share your thoughts on ED&I by getting in touch to discuss with us and find out how you can contribute to the Championing Unique Perspectives campaign.
- Join the conversation on the CA Connect Equality, Diversity & Inclusion forum.
To find out more about Championing Unique Perspectives, the work of the ED+I Committee and for more of our content visit the ICAS Diversity Hub or search ED&I on the ICAS website.