Policy Leadership Board – composition and current members
Here you can meet the various members of the Regulation Board, learn about their roles and the appointment process.
The membership of the Policy Leadership Board places strong emphasis on the securing relevant knowledge, skills and expertise from the various sectors which are relevant to its work.
The General Regulations provide that the Policy Leadership Board is made up of the following:
- A Chair, who is also a member of Council.
- Not less than two other Council members.
- The Chairs of each of the panels or committees whose work is relevant to the Board.
- The Executive Director of Standards.
- Up to two relevantly experienced ICAS employees.
- Such other persons as Council may deem appropriate.
Role of Policy Leadership Board members
As set out above, the Policy Leadership Board is comprised of a range of individuals, including accountants and non-accountants, with varied backgrounds and experience. ICAS’ Regulations do not provide distinct roles or responsibilities for Policy Leadership Board members, with all members expected to:
- Engage in setting and delivering the Policy Leadership Board’s objectives.
- Ensure the ongoing relevance of the Policy Leadership Board’s work.
- Provide robust oversight and challenge to ICAS’ Policy Leadership Team.
- Deliver effective influence in the interests of Members, Firms and the general public.
Individuals are appointed to the Policy Leadership Board by Council, on consideration of recommendations from ICAS’ Nominations Committee (with the exception of the Executive Director of Standards, who sits on the Policy Leadership Board by virtue of his or her employment in that role).
Appointments to the Policy Leadership Board are for an initial period of three years, which may be extended for a second term of three years.
The Policy Leadership Board is currently formed of the following individuals: