31 October - Black History Month: Action through allyship
No matter what our background, we all have a role to play in creating inclusive workplaces – action through allyship. Allyship is a key theme for this October’s Black History Month, with the annual event calling on ‘Time for Change: Action Not Words’.
Watch this webinar for an insightful panel discussion with Black professionals from varied business backgrounds. They reveal insights that all CAs can action as allies, and share the lessons they have learned as advocates for equality when building inclusive businesses and enterprises.
Speakers also reveal details of the ICAS Black Member Network, launched in October, which will help deliver change by actioning the ambitions of ICAS’ Black Talent Action Plan.
(Duration 1 hour. Originally recorded on 31 October 2022.)
Key themes & topics
- Fostering diverse and inclusive workplace cultures
- How CAs can become champions of equality, diversity and inclusion
- ICAS’ Black Member Network
- Chair: Marta Phillips OBE CA, Non-Executive Board Member of the Sponsor Board for the Restoration and Renewal of the Palace of Westminster, and the Chartered Accountants Compension Fund; Audit Committee Chair of the Single Source Regulations Office, The Nursing and Midwifery Council, and the London Fire Brigade
- Clive Bellingham CA, Deputy President, ICAS
- Tosin Ajayi CA ADIT, UK Downstream Tax Lead, Shell
- Temi Labor CA, Associate Director, Forensic Risk Alliance
- Kudzai Zendera CA, Balance Sheet and Liquidity Management Director, Standard Chartered Bank; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee Member, ICAS
Who’s this for?
- ICAS Members
- ICAS Students