23 February - Top tips to strengthen your cyber security
Did you know that?
- Cybercrime has increased by 300% since the coronavirus pandemic began.
- 95% of cyber-security breaches are caused by human error.
Recent high-profile examples of cyber security incidents have shown that the damage can be significant, not only in terms of operational disruption and actual cost, but also reputational harm for the businesses involved. Unfortunately, a lack of knowledge and awareness have left a lot of firms susceptible to cyber-security breaches.
Following on from independent research from both ICAS and Lugo, our experts talk us through the importance of being cyber resilient and give us their top tips of how firms can improve their cyber security.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 23 February 2021)
Key themes and topics
- IT & cyber security
- The dangers of cybercrime
- Cyber resilience – from employee education to multifactor authentication
- Ways to improve cyber security
Who are the speakers?
- Liz Smith, Business Development Director, Lugo
- Fraser Nicol, Partner and UK Business Technology Consulting Leader, Azets
- Mark Cunningham-Dickie, Cyber Incident Response Manager at Scottish Business Resilience Centre
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- Practice owners and managers
- Firms with IT systems of all sizes
- Managers with IT responsibilities
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement
Related content - develop your knowledge
- Where to focus your cyber security – episode 1 (icas.com feature)
- Where to focus your cyber security – the sequel (icas.com feature)
- Cyber and data security disclosures in annual reports (icas.com feature)
Lugo are offering a FREE cyber health check. To book go to: //LugoIT.co.uk/cyberwebinar and click on 'Book your Cyber Health Check'. If you're one of the first 10 people to book, you'll receive a FREE Chilly double-walled coffee cup in black or rose gold, posted to an address of your choice.