22 September - Impact reporting: How charities communicate the difference they have made
Hear from the academic team undertaking research into impact practice and reporting by UK charities.
The team of academics from Cardiff University and Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, shared their initial findings and recommendations from ICAS funded research into the challenges and opportunities charities experience in understanding and demonstrating the difference they have made.
You will also hear from Rhodri Mason the Chair of Trustees at financial education charity RedSTART Educate. Rhodri shared RedSTART’s approach to assessing the effectiveness of the financial education lessons the charity delivers to primary school students.
(Duration 1 hour. Originally recorded on 22 September 2022.)
View the session slides
Read the additional Q&A session responses
Key themes & topics
- Employment contracts – why the wording is important but only tells us part of what we need to know
- Corporate reporting
- Performance management
- Chair: James Barbour CA, Director, Policy Leadership, ICAS
- Carolyn Cordery, Adjunct Professor of Accounting, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Alpa Dhanani, Reader in Accounting and Finance, Cardiff University
- Rhodri Mason, Chair of Trustees at RedSTART Educate and Chief of Staff at Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM)
- Elina Varousta, Lecturer in Accounting and Finance, Cardiff University
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- ICAS Members
- ICAS Students
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.