18 November - London Area Network Webinar: Business survival in a global pandemic
Join our London Area Network as they host an essential event for any CA with an interest in learning more about the impacts that COVID-19 has had on the global economy, and the real-time impacts it continues to have on business leadership.
ICAS London Area Network Chair Jason Harvie CA, and Committee member Richard Grant CA, will be your hosts for this insightful and informative event. Jason and Richard are joined by two speakers with a wealth of economic experience: Helen Brocklebank, the Chief Executive of Walpole, the sector body for UK luxury brands, and James Sproule, Chief Economist of Handelsbanken and a former Senior Business Adviser to Prime Minister Boris Johnson. Amongst other topics, the panel consider the complexities that mark the current COVID-impacted economic environment as one of the strangest on record, including:
- Why there’s a dislocation between the rising financial markets and the collapsing "real" economy
- How the global economy will likely pay for the downturn – debt or taxation?
The second part of the session looks to inform CAs on what it takes to run a business during this economic turmoil, considering aspects such as:
- How to raise cash to future-proof your business
- How to invest in technology
- Ways to keep your talent engaged and developing
- How to foster a workspace that exhibits innovation despite the challenges of remote working.