16 November 2023 - Cybersecurity for the accountancy profession: Understanding the risk before implementing a solution
Cyberattacks shut down organisations and are now one of the most serious threats to the accountancy profession. They should be at the top of your risk register. Attackers and the techniques they use are sophisticated, ever evolving, and defending against them is complex. Leaders who are lagging behind are putting their firm and clients’ sensitive information at risk. Because a serious breach can have devastating consequences.
In partnership with Mitigo, we are particularly keen to support firms to build resilience against cyber-attacks. This free 1-hour webinar provides some key takeaways to help your firm manage risk and stay safe.
(Duration 60 minutes. Originally recorded on 16 November 2023)
Key themes and topics
- Why misunderstanding cyber risk could ruin your reputation.
- Take a closer look at the latest cyber threats facing accountancy firms.
- Learn more about the criminal ecosystem.
- Understand the common security errors made by accountancy firms.
- Are you failing to satisfy your regulatory and legal obligations?
- Find out how to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.
Host & Speakers
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
- Host: David Menzies, ICAS Director of Practice
- Kerrie Machin, Partner, Mitigo Cybersecurity
Mitigo’s experience in protecting professional services firms and other businesses enables Kerrie to highlight common vulnerabilities and explain how to implement a proportionate risk management framework.
Kerrie believes that the challenges of cybersecurity, business resilience and legal & regulatory compliance, needn’t keep business leaders awake at night. It’s just a matter of matching the right solution to the problem.
He has spent the last two decades helping businesses identify their exposure to risk, and his keen eye for detail has enabled him to deliver robust packaged solutions that provide real protection – allowing them to get on with doing what they do best.
Who’s this for?
- ICAS members
- ICAS students
- Non-members interested in cybersecurity
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.