Employee benefits: Company cars and salary sacrifice
As we approach 2030, electric vehicles are increasing in popularity, ahead of when we reach a point when no new cars with combustion engines will be manufactured and sold in the UK. It is an area of high interest to ICAS members, who regularly tell us about the questions they receive from clients about the tax rules on electric vehicles.
For those employers who wish to use electric vehicles as part of a salary sacrifice arrangement, this can be particularly efficient given that the low benefit in kind rates that are available for the next few years.
In this pre-recorded webinar, in conjunction with our partner Pike + Bambridge, you can gain a comprehensive understanding on the merits of salary sacrifice, so that you can assist your clients as they make the move to electric vehicles. This session will explain how salary sacrifice could work as a tax planning tool for your/your client’s employees, as well as gain an awareness of pitfalls to avoid when adopting a salary sacrifice scheme for electric vehicles and an understanding of practical issues your clients need to be aware of before moving to electric vehicles.
Key themes and topics
- How salary sacrifice for electric cars could work for your/your client’s employees.
- Awareness of pitfalls to avoid when adopting a salary sacrifice scheme for electric vehicles.
- What happens when an employee in a salary sacrifice scheme leaves the business.
- Awareness of points to consider on infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- Issues for you to consider when discussing electric vehicles with your clients.
- Host: Justine Riccomini MSc FFTA AIPA Chartered MCIPD ChFCIPP. Head of Tax (Employment and devolved taxes) at ICAS
- Piers Bambridge, CEO at Pike + Bambridge
Who’s this for?
- CAs working in Tax
- CAs working in Business
- CAs working in Practice
- Students and non-members with an interest in company cars and salary sacrifice
Counts as continuing professional development (CPD) activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar on-demand can count towards your annual CPD requirement.
Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.