9 March- Pitfalls of Payroll - Why it's so important to get it right the first time
Hear from ICAS and the CIPP (The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) to find out why ensuring correct and efficient payroll processing is essential for your practice and your client base.
Payroll is possibly the biggest area of expenditure for many organisations. When issues arise with staff payments, morale quickly diminishes, and a lack of trust rapidly develops between employee and employer, or where the agent is providing a payroll bureau service, between the employer client and agent. Getting payroll processes correct is therefore vital, as the fines and reputational damage associated with non-compliance on matters such as the National Minimum Wage can be substantial.
(Duration 1 hour. Originally recorded on 9 February 2023)
Read the Q&A session responses
Key themes and topics
- Find out what some of the biggest pitfalls of providing payroll services to clients can be, and identify when these errors are likely to happen
- Learn why it’s so important for payroll professionals to hold qualifications that enable them to understand payroll and the associated legislative requirements
- Discover the consequences of non-compliance or late/incorrect payment to staff
- Understand processing payroll in-house for your own staff
Who are the speakers?
- Lora Murphy, Editor-in-Chief, PPPR Magazine, Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
- Justine Riccomini MSc FFTA AIPA Chartered MCIPD ChFCIPP, Head of Tax (Employment and devolved taxes), ICAS
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- ICAS Members
- ICAS Students
- CA's working in practice
- Tax Professionals
- Agents processing payroll for clients
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.