23 June - Ask ICAS: Russian Sanctions - everything you need to know
Jeremy Clarke, Assistant Director, Practice at ICAS is joined by specialists from the corporate crime and investigations team at Brodies LLP. In this informative session, Paul Marshall (Partner, Brodies LLP) and Lisa Kinroy (Associate, Brodies LLP) discuss and explore the key components of the UK Sanctions regime from a CA’s perspective.
They will also looked at the common queries in relation to Sanctions and provided an opportunity for attendees to have their questions answered.
(Duration 1 hour. Originally recorded on 23 June 2022.)
Key themes and topics
- An overview of the UK Sanctions regime – various types of sanctions etc
- Legislative framework and how to navigate it
- An accountant’s (and their clients’) obligations, including checking sanctions lists and the reporting requirements
- What, when and how to report
- Penalties for breaches
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
- Chair: Jeremy Clarke CA, ICAS, Assistant Director, Practice
- Paul Marshall, Partner, Brodies LLP
- Lisa Kinroy, Associate, Brodies LLP
Who’s this for?
- CAs working in practice in business
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.
Related content - develop your knowledge