A manager's guide to workforce restructures: online course
Most employers find the need to restructure their organisation (or part of their organisation) at some stage, in order to streamline the organisation to ensure it remains viable and cost-effective.
It is vital to undertake such a restructure reasonably and fairly, as the implications for the organisation in not doing so could be both costly and time-consuming and have a negative impact on staff.
Price: £35 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
This online course will provide you with an introduction to both the legal and practical aspects of workforce restructures, which will enable you to deal with these with knowledge and confidence.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- why is management of change important?
- adverse legal implications of poor change management; employment tribunal claims for:
- breach of contract
- unfair (constructive) dismissal
- unfair dismissal
- personal injury claims
- redundancy or re-organisation?
- why it is important to establish the correct reason for dismissal
- redundancy - the basics of redundancy law:
- the definition of ‘redundancy’
- additional procedural requirements in ‘redundancy’ dismissals:
- selection pools
- fair selection processes
- the basics of collective redundancy law
- changing terms and conditions of employment (‘SOSR’ dismissals)
- the basic legal principles and practical guidance points
- collective consultation applicable to workforce restructures and changing terms and conditions
- remedies for unfair dismissal
- settlement negotiations
- TUPE in the context of restructures
- TUPE – some of the very basics
- changing terms and conditions
- material detriment claims
- transfer related dismissals
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org