Unauthorised deductions from wages - an online course
Protection of wages from unauthorised deductions by the employer was one of the first elements of employment protection put in place in England and Wales.
Protection of this type has been around in one form or another for over 200 years.
Price: £35 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
Now contained in the Employment Rights Act 1996, the rules are highly prescriptive, and the requirements can catch employers unawares, particularly in the retail sector. This is an area that no employer can afford to ignore and this course will provide an overview of the subject.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- which categories of workers qualify for protection
- the circumstances in which an “unauthorised deduction” occurs
- what is classed as “wages”
- the special provisions applicable to retail employment
- the available remedies for an individual who has suffered an unauthorised deduction
- the overlap with possible contractual claims
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org