Operational excellence in cost reduction online course
Most organisations accept without question the principle that costs should be kept as low as possible provided they don't put key corporate objectives at risk. In practice, organisations often face strong pressure to increase resources to meet objectives such as better customer service and product quality.
Reducing costs is often problematic because it not clear exactly what is being done, and the value of this work to the organisation, in the areas you seek savings.
Price: £50 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
This course examines six ways of overcoming problems with cost reduction: improving the ability of spending areas to contribute to key corporate objectives and customer needs, while reducing their costs significantly.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the six techniques for reducing costs in an organisation
- assessing the applicability of each technique to their circumstances
- awareness that some resources are important in terms of achieving strategic goals, and should be carefully preserved and enhanced, and some are less important and might therefore be better candidates for cost reduction
- reassessing the management structure of the organisation in a way that provides for the right number and level of management posts to give effective management at lowest management cost
- how activity analysis can be used to: bring clarity about what people do in the organisation; identify cost reduction opportunities that would otherwise remain hidden; stimulate cost reduction ideas that would otherwise be missed
- the importance of purchasing effectively as a potential cost reduction opportunity, and of benchmarking as a means of identifying world class performers who can be emulated
- the role that reducing both fixed assets and working capital can play in reducing the costs of the organisation
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com