Liquidated damages - the new rules online course
This course provides an overview of the current law on liquidated damages.
It begins with a summary of the approach to liquidated damages which had developed over the previous one hundred years and then proceeds to review the changes made by the recent decision of the Supreme Court in the joined cases of El-Makdessi v Cavendish and Beavis v Parkingeye.
The course concludes with some practical suggestions for risk management in the light of these cases.
Price: £35 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
This course provides an overview of the current law on liquidated damages and some practical suggestions for risk management.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the basic principles relating to the law on liquidated damages
- the different treatment of liquidated damages clauses and penalty clauses
- the methods that the courts have traditionally used to decide whether a clause is a genuine liquidated damages clause or not
- applying the amended criteria set out by the Supreme Court and distinguish this approach from the approach used previously
- what steps need to be taken to manage risk in this important area
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org