Introduction to investment banking - mergers and acquisitions online course
In this course we review the basic functions of an investment bank and Mergers and Acquisitions or M&A practitioners within an Investment Banking Division (IBD).
The merger of Thomson and Reuters is used as a case study to illustrate the main points.
Price: £35 + VAT
What you will gain
This online course will review the basic functions of an investment bank and Mergers and Acquisitions practitioners within an Investment Banking Division.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the work of the Mergers & Acquisitions or M&A group within IBD including key terms like Beauty Parade
- the strategic rationales for M&A such as vertical or horizontal integration
- valuation in M&A using Enterprise Value to EBITDA multiples
- some of the key external factors in public company bids such as the Takeover Panel and the Blue Book and the Competition Commission
- some of the key bid tactics used in attack and defence
- the career structure of investment bankers and the different roles they play
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org