FRS 102 vs US GAAP online course
Many UK entities are faced with the challenge of preparing their statutory financial statements under FRS 102, then preparing corresponding US GAAP information for their US parent company.
There remain substantial differences between FRS 102 and US GAAP, and these are exacerbated by the decision of the FRC not to include any changes in respect of IFRSs 9,15 & 16 into FRS 102 as part of the First Triennial Review.
Price: £50 + VAT
What you will gain
This course considers the key differences between FRS 102 and US GAAP to help bridge this information gap.
This course will help you:
- identify the key restatements required in converting FRS 102 financial statements into US GAAP
- better answer questions in respect of UK subsidiary financial statements posed by US parent companies
- understand the information requests posed by US parent companies and their accounting personnel
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- Sources of US GAAP and FRS 102
- The contrasting approaches of the two regimes
- Differences in respect of the presentation of financial statements
- Key accounting differences, including those relating to:
- Property, plant & equipment
- Intangible assets and goodwill
- Business combinations
- Provisions & contingencies
- Pension costs
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org