General data protection regulations (GDPR) - direct marketing online course
This course summarises the key provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 in respect of the topic of direct marketing and explains how organisations can comply with their key provisions.
There will also be a brief summary of the key content of the draft Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation.
Price: £50 + VAT
What you will gain
Gain awareness of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 in respect of the topic of direct marketing and find out how organisations can comply with their key provisions.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- requirements of the right to object
- the need for marketing information to be provided in ‘clear and separate’ form
- the issues that arise in respect of both consent and legitimate interests
- the more stringent rules that exist in respect of e-mail and SMS marketing
- the requirements of the soft opt-in
- applying these rules to a series of scenarios
- what steps need to be taken so as to ensure compliance with these rules
- the likely consequences in terms of enforcement in the event of a breach
- proposed changes set out in the latest version of the Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org