Brand valuation online course
Intangible assets, such as brands, that are organically developed are not recognised on the balance sheet or statement of financial position.
However, intangible assets - including brands - that are acquired have to be valued and recognised.
Price: £35 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
This course looks at the techniques involved in the valuation of intangible assets - particularly brands - and how financial reporting has been evolving to deal with such assets and the challenges arising.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the importance of brands in the valuation of companies
- the fundamentals of accounting for brands and other intangible assets
- the broad approaches used in the valuation of brands – cost, market comparison and income
- the generally favoured Royalty relief approach to brand valuation
- the factors typically involved in assessing relative brand strength
- implementation within the IFRS framework and issues arising
- current stance and output of regulators and standard setters
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org