An introduction to the City and financial markets online course
In this course we describe the key functions of the different financial markets in the City of London and how various products are used in these markets to hedge risk.
The goal is to demystify a lot of the jargon of the City and explain how the different parts of the City work together.
Price: £50 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
This course describes the key functions of the different financial markets in the City of London and how various products are used in these markets to hedge risk. Learn how the different parts of the City work together.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the purpose of the City and the Buy Side and the Sell Side in the City
- some of the risks that companies face and how the City can help to hedge them
- the major markets in the City including the Money Market, Foreign Exchange, Capital Markets, DCM, ECM, Derivatives Markets, commodities, insurance (Lloyd’s) and shipping (the Baltic Exchange)
- the role of the Bank of England and Regulation
- terms like LIBOR, bid offer spread, IPO, eurobond, share, FTSE100 share index, derivative, Future, Option, Swap.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org